Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Telling God about our Wants and Needs


One of my recent readings, was about laying all our desires in front of God. We don't ever have to make an appointment with Him, but it doesn't hurt to picture ourselves putting our business or life plan on His desk. Keep in mind, God is the ultimate boss! He knows what is going on, and He will work things out. Why then do we have to even tell or ask? All prayer is a communion with Our Lord, and sometimes we have to ask and tell because we don't have a clear understanding of what we want and need in our lives. It is an opportunity for God to communicate our true desire because He truly knows us better than we know ourselves.


Sometimes when I look back over my life, I am thankful God didn't give me what I was asking for at the time. And even though waiting is still difficult, it is easier knowing that waiting on His will is best for me. It comes down to a matter of trust...trusting Him to lead us through this journey.


Dearest Lord, thank you for watching my steps and keeping me from paths not meant for me. Help me to remember some wants may not be good for me. Help me to remember my true needs are in your hands. Help me to remember your will is the best design for my life and the awesome manifestation of your Glory! Amen

5 comments:

Lily said...

Thank you for your sweet comment :) And for the reminder of the thing I struggle with every day!

Heartfelt Heartlook said...

Lily, you're so very welcome. Colleen is right ~ trust. I think we all struggle. But the plant struggles to be free in the sun, and I guess we have to do the same in growing! I'm just happy to be planted with people like you. :)

Gabriella said...

"Dearest Lord, thank you for watching my steps and keeping me from paths not meant for me. Help me to remember some wants may not be good for me".

Beautiful! Thank you.

Heartfelt Heartlook said...

Hello Beautiful Gabriella!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this!