Thursday, July 9, 2009

Phantom Fat? More like Phantom Skinny!


Visited the doctor today only to find out I'd gained back the eight or nine pounds I'd lost. I needed to keep it off, and then take some more off too. It made me think of something I heard recently. Something that made me laugh. I'm not saying what I heard is not true, but I have a different spin on it. The term I heard was "Phantom Fat!" This is a situation where someone overweight or obese has a weight loss. The problem is, even though they lose weight they still feel like they are fat. Over many years the individual has become accustomed to having the fat and so still believe they are fat when they are not.

When I heard that it all made sense to me. My problem isn't Phantom Fat, it's Phantom Skinny! I used to be skinny, so now that I've put on weight I just don't think I'm as big as I am. Don't get me wrong, I know my size has increased. My clothing alone tells me that, but I just don't get it until I see the dreaded photograph. I took for granted, for most of my career, the weigh-in at work. I watched people sweating the scale. It wasn't until the end of my career that I became one of those sweating! So here I sit with a term for my condition, Phantom Skinny. My skinny has disappeared and some how, some way, real fat has taken it's place.

Lord, thank you for the bounty you supply. And I truly know the "some how" for my fat. Forgive me for when I am a glutton...and please let someone discover a "real" get rid of fat pill with no bad side effects! (Doesn't hurt to ask or dream LOL) Remember God created humor, I just wish there was a way to literally laugh my "rear end" off!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Man.. I've got the Phantom Fat bad. Who knew it had a name?!

Let me know when you've found that magic pill!!!!!

Heartfelt Heartlook said...

LOL Ladies, I'll keep my eye out for the "magic pill" as Lisa Marie calls it. BUT only if you let me know~if you see it first!