Saturday, August 8, 2009

It Could Be Us ~ You Never Know ~ Please Pray

Reading Deacon John's blog today inspired me to write this post.

When people live in a country like we do, others are easily forgotten. It is almost hard for us to believe what is happening in other parts of the world. But what is happening, is people are being persecuted and martyred because of their Christianity. My intention at Mass for quite awhile now, has been to pray for them. I received that direction from a priest as penance after the Sacrament of Reconciliation years ago.

Please pray this prayer or your own.

Lord I pray for courage and strength for those, throughout the world, being persecuted or martyred for the Kingdom of God. And I pray for the conversion of unbelievers and sinners. Amen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will join my prayers with yours for this intention. And yes, there but for the grace of God go US~especially given our current administration.
Thanks for helping us be more aware of what other countries face on a daily basis.

Heartfelt Heartlook said...

Thanks Karinann!

Just Be Real said...

Amen, I come in agreement with you all! Blessings!